Sunday 25 May 2008

Second photo shoot with Laura

Had more time with Laura today, and a fun photo shoot! Here are a few quick edits from the day.







Went to a fantastic gig in the evening...



Medeski Martin & Wood
with a special guest percussionist Airto Moreira. The gig lasted for about 2,5 hours (including interval) and was pure pleasure. Listening to these four fabulous musicians made my cheeks ache, as I found myself grinning all through the gig due to the fact that I was constantly, one moment after another, impressed by their inventiveness, pure talent and obvious joy of playing. Their music was very funky, and to be honest, I probably wouldn't have got THAT interested if I happened to hear the pieces they have on their MySpace web site, for example - but they were brilliant live. Check out some YouTube clips if you are interested in hearing top quality organ based funky jazz with a generous measure of avant-garde improvisation thrown in.

UPDATE: I received an e-mail from people of FudoMouth saying that they have used my photo of the MMW gig on their website. I was surprised to find that they had mp3s for the whole MMW Brighton gig on their web site, so I read on, and found out that MMW are a "trade friendly band", as explained in bt.etree.org Very cool! (Now I can listen to the gig again - and so can you!)

1 comment:

Scott said...

Hi Kati, I have seen Medeski Martin & Woods on several occasions, and they never disappoint! Every show is a completely different experience.