Friday 9 April 2010

Vignette app for Android phones

The other day I bought an app called Vignette for my Android phone. I tried out different settings in it while out for a walk in the Wild Park with Zebedee. What is prompting my post today is that I started taking photos with this app again today in Stanmer Park, and got lost in time again, the same as the last time I used it. What seems to be my vary favourite 'effect' is something called "London"; a stark, vignetted duo-tone effect with red highlights.




Here are some shots I took the last time just after I bought the app. This first one I took with the demo version (which only creates a tiny 192x192 pixel ~35 kb image).


Convinced of the fun factor I went ahead and bought the full version of the app and started trying it out on everything I could find in the woods.


Make-believe tilt-shift.


Then something called "scary movie" effect. There are 13 different framing options in the app. This one is 'white border'.


Back to "London" again.


Another try at "scary movie"...




And "London"... out of trying out many more effects, these two seem to be my favourites so far. Framing favourites being "square" and "movie".

3 comments:

Em said...

I am about to buy this app too after trying out the demo. Its a rly wonderful app! Love ur pics :)

Katariina Jarvinen said...

Thanks, Em. It's a cool little app, definitely.

I have taken many more photos with it since:
http://lighttrick.blogspot.com/2010/06/mobile-wlk-in-woods.html
http://lighttrick.blogspot.com/2010/05/wild-park.html

I'm sure you will enjoy it!

Moko 2.0 said...

Hello,

Love the pics. Been playing with the app looking for hints and landed here. I think the scary movie effect looks cool with the 35mm full bleed frame.

Cheers