Tuesday 19 May 2009

C-curve by Anish Kapoor

As part of the Brighton Festival, there is an interesting Anish Kapoor sculpture installed on top of one of the South Downs hills, near the Chattri just north of the city of Brighton and Hove. I took Zebedee with me to see it as I thought it'd be a good walk for him at the same time (it's about 25 min. walk from the road to the sculpture). Little did I know... after the first 5 minutes I saw that there were cows in the fields on the way. Two minutes later I saw that there were sheep and lambs on the fields all the way to the sculpture. Ugh! I have a badly bruised arm now from trying to control an extra-super eager springer spaniel on his road of temptations... sheep! lambs! everywhere! whoo-hoo!

Anyway, here are a few shots:



There it is, on top of the hill.



(And this is the Chattri - I've photographed it before.)



C-Curve closer up.