Friday 7 November 2008

Canon 50mm

I've hardly used my Canon 50mm lens. Today I took it (and only it) with me to the beach. I found out that composing with a prime lens is a challenge. OK, it hardly should have come as a surprise. I knew it, but today I really felt it in practise for the first time (while cursing that I didn't have any other lens with me).









Something Zebedee found and played with...


(other things he found and played with or ATE today: a dead dogfish, a shoe, a piece of car tyre, a dead bird, and a myriad of other things I missed, no doubt)



I wished that I had the wide angle with me so that I could have captured all the beautiful sky.... with the 50mm I could only get some unremarkable small parts of it.






Well, it was lovely to be by the sea nevertheless. I need a lot more practise with this lens.

1 comment:

Geminai said...

Loved all the pics, but that last one sure captures the feeling .. the spirit, of being next to the powerful wind and water! Beautiful. :)