Tuesday 12 October 2010

Fiji Day 5

This morning I found out what creature makes the curious little tracks on the sand during the night. I found out by quietly following this little thing leave our patio when I moved from the bed to the hammock.




Meet Mr. Hermit Crab!


...and these are the tracks that hermit crabs make in the sand! When I saw those tracks all over the beach for the first time a few days ago, I had no idea what had made them.


There were a couple of Fiji Parrotfinch chirping and eating seeds from the ground nearby.


Close-up of the hermit crab...


A Common Mynah! I'd seen a load of these in Bhutan earlier this year and had learned that they are a native species of Asia, so I was surprised to see them here on Fiji, too.


Today's a little cloudy, but the palms still look gorgeous.


Couldn't resist trying a few different edits on this photo.




We had lunch at our favourite table next to our favourite view.


Another obligatory cocktail for desert.... ;-)


In the afternoon it got more and more cloudy...


...but this place is still the perfect paradise.

No comments: